What is TRON (TRX)?
TRON —— A Public Blockchain aiming to build infrastructure for decentralized Internet
- TRON takes it as its mission to promote the decentralization of the Internet and is committed to building infrastructure for the decentralized Internet.
- TRON relies on a Delegated Proof-of-Stake (DPoS) mechanism in which 27 Super Representatives rotate every 6 hours to validate blocks and transactions.
- Smart contracts can be written in Solidity and compiled on the TRON Virtual Machine (TVM). The network also supports native tokens (TRC-10). Also, developers can access full nodes running in the cloud provided by TronGrid.
- TRX is the native asset of the TRON network. A few examples of the use cases for the TRX token include: Payments for services and goods; Payments for fees and commissions; Staking TRX to delegate energy.
TRON Key Metrics
TRON takes it as its mission to promote the decentralization of the Internet and is committed to building infrastructure for the decentralized Internet. Its protocol is one of the world's largest blockchain-based decentralized application operating system protocols. It provides high-throughput, high-scalability, and high-reliability underlying public chain support for the operation of decentralized applications on the protocol. TRON also provides better compatibility for Ethereum smart contracts through an innovative pluggable smart contract platform.
TRON deploys a Delegated Proof-of-Stake (DPoS) consensus mechanism to avoid the issue of low transaction throughput times and high transaction fees amongst Proof-of-Work (PoW) public blockchains (e.g., Bitcoin).
Specifically, some of the core features of its technology include:
- A three-layer architecture: Tron supports a three-layer architecture divided into a core layer, a storage layer, and an application layer.
- Delegated Proof-of-Stake consensus: TRON utilizes a DPoS algorithm to reach high TPS, offering greater scalability than existing programmable networks.
- A network of 27 Super Representatives: TRON relies on a unique model with accounts named Super Representatives who generate and validate blocks.
- Tron Virtual Machine (TVM): smart contracts are written in Solidity, making it easy for Ethereum developers to deploy on the TRON network.
TRX is the native asset of the TRON network. A few examples of the use cases for the TRX token include:
- Payments for services and goods provided by service providers and merchants on TRON.
- Payments for fees and commissions for running native smart contracts.
- Staking TRX to delegate energy towards running smart contracts or voting for Super Representatives.
TRON Project Team
Founder and CEO Justin Sun graduated with a bachelor's degree from Peking University and a master's degree from the University of Pennsylvania, an Ivy League school in the United States. Founder of China’s largest voice-activated voice actor community APP Callme(Peiwo). He joined Ripple early and served as the chief representative of Ripple Greater China. 2015 "Forbes" China 30 under 30 entrepreneurs, 2017 "Forbes" Asia 30 under 30 entrepreneurs, 2014 Davos Forum (World Economic Forum) young global leaders. Ripple's currency value exceeds 10 billion U.S. dollars, with more than 10 million registered users of Peiwo APP, and more than 1 million monthly active users.
With the continuous development of TRON, the team has also been continuously improved, gathering many global talents, including Technical Director of its Public Chain Marcus Zhao, Team Lead - API and Dev Tools Francesco Sullof, Head of Developer Community Division Cong Li and more.
TRON Project Features
As a decentralized content protocol, TRON has the following four basic characteristics compared with the centralized Internet structure:
- Freedom of data: Free and uncontrolled upload, storage and dissemination of content including text, pictures, audio and video
- Content empowerment: Obtain due digital asset income through content contribution and dissemination, economic incentives and empower content ecology.
- Personal digital asset issuance: Individuals can freely issue digital assets, and others can enjoy the benefits and services brought by the continuous development of data contributors by purchasing digital assets.
- Infrastructure: Distributed digital assets will match a complete set of decentralized infrastructure, including distributed exchanges, autonomous games, predictions, and game systems.
Advantages of Project
- High throughput: High throughput is achieved by improving the TPS in TRON, and the practicality of daily use has exceeded that of Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- Scalability: Based on good scalability and efficient smart contracts, applications can be deployed in more ways in TRON, and also can support a large number of users.
- High reliability: TRON has a more reliable network structure, user assets, intrinsic value, and a higher degree of decentralized consensus has brought an improved reward distribution mechanism.